WINNERS OF THE BEST PAPER AWARDS 2009!
The winner of the Best PhD Candidate Paper was Anders Broström, Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies (CECIS), Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden. The title of his paper is: "Working with distant researchers - distance and content in university-industry interaction".
The winner of the Best Paper Award was Darrene Hackler, George Mason University, Department of Public and International Affairs, USA. The title of her paper is: "High-Technology and Regions in an Era of Open Innovation".
The members of the Scientific Committee have selected the winning papers. The prices are gratefully sponsored by the City of Uddevalla, Sweden.
Prof. Ulrich Blum, Halle Institute for Economic Research, Germany
Prof. Ron Boschma, Utrecht University, The Netherlands
Prof. Börje Johansson, Jönköping International Business School, Jönköping University, Sweden
Prof. Robert Picard, Jönköping International Business School, Sweden
Prof. Lucia Piscitello, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
Prof. Robert Stimson, The University of Queensland, Australia
Prof. Gianfranco Viesti, University of Bari, Italy
The Symposium was organised by the University West, Sweden and Politecnico di Bari, Italy (host), in co-operation with Jönköping International Business School/CESIS, Sweden.
SPONSORS AND PARTNERS
- Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovations Studies (CESIS), Royal
- Institute of Technology, Stockholm & Jönköping International Business School, Sweden
- Centre for Innovation Systems, Entrepreneurship and Growth, (CISEG),
- Jönköping International Business School, Sweden
- Media Management and Transformation Center (MMTC), Jönköping International Business School,
- Municipality of Uddevalla, Uddevalla, Sweden
- Nordic Section of Regional Science Association (NS-RSA)
- Politecnico di Bari, Bari, Italy
- Research Unit for Rural Entrepreneurship and Growth (RUREG), Jönköping International Business School, Sweden
School of Public Policy, George Mason University, Fairfax, VA, USA
University West, Trollhättan, Sweden
- Regional Agency of Technology and Innovation of Apulia - ARTI Puglia, Bari, Italy
- Banca Popolare di Bari, Italy
- Association of Industrial Manifacturers of the Province of Bari - Confindustria Bari, Italy
A hard-back proceeding of the revised papers presented at the symposium has been published by the University West (ed.Iréne Bernhard). For more information about publications from this Uddevalla Symposium as well as from all Uddevalla Symposia (so far) please click here